SUSTAINABLE CASHMERE ®
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY implies that the end product consumes less than it produces.
In our case our goat teams are grazed to re-claim and improve abandoned or under-utilized agricultural land. They recycle weeds into a luxury product: agricultural production that goes BEYOND organic, that integrates the principles of environmental health with the efficient use of non-renewable resoures, ensuring farm profitability and quality of life for both the farmer and her animals.
Our Cashmere fiber is a RENEWABLE RESOURCE; the controlled grazing we pratice with our goat teams increases BIODIVERSITY, and improves the QUALITY of the soil. Goats raised outdoors benefit from climatic and atmospheric influences to produce naturally, top-quality Cashmere and an added benefit is their longevity and well-being - ANIMAL WELFARE AT ITS SIMPLEST AND MOST COST-EFFECTIVE!
By buying SUSTAINABLE CASHMERE you are PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT, IMPROVING THE LANDSCAPE, PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE RURAL DEVELOPMENT and being good to our goats!!
OUR FIBER is harvested from healthy goats that have been raised ethically and treated humanely their entire lives
OUR GOATS have been raised respecting their natural instincts, social structure and needs, and STILL produce a luxury product
OUR CASHMERE has been grown by goats who have never been tied or tethered,r, never been treated with chemicals or hormones, and have grazed only overgrown, untreated, unusable farmland, and their fiber has been processed without the use of chemicals or industrial coloring
The SUSTAINABILITY of our production, from start to finish, is undeniable, and our finished products are of unsurpassed quality, exquisite Italian workmanship, and moreover, every stage of production is totally traceable:
- Everyone of our goats has a name and answers to it
- Our goats are ear-tagged and microchipped at birth so we (and you) know exactly who's who, where each animal is and exactly what each goat produces
- Our goats recycle unusable bio-mass, breaking it down into organic soil amendments which improve the quality of the soil and increase its productivity
- The extensive, grazing practices with which we raise our goats guarantee the utmost in animal welfare, health, and longevity, that is otherwise impossibile in intensive livestock schemes
- Hand-combing of our SUSTAINABLE CASHMERE is painless and inocuous – our goats are not maimed, wounded or killed to harvest their fiber and have an average life span of 10-15 years, that is easily double that of goats raised intensively for milk or meat production
- We bring the goats to their place of work, and not vice-versa: there is no long-distance transport involved, and our production is truly “km zero”
- There are no middle-men involved: all production is in the rural territory where our goats are raised, ensuring that the farmer receives direct payment, and the traceability of the entire process is ensured
To understand the difference between OUR Cashmere and Cashmere produced in China, see appendix BELOW Corriere della Sera, which describes how Chinese Cashmere production has ruined the environment
SUSTAINABLE CASHMERE® PURE, UNADULTERATED LUXURY THAT IS GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Corriere della Sera (32 KBytes)